Theresia is looking for musicians!By Theresia
December 28, 2012
The THERESIA Youth Baroque Orchestra (TYBO) organises a series of auditions to recruit young musicians for the orchestra in preparation of the 2013-2015 productions and remunerated concerts.
Core of the TYBO programs is the classical repertoire (1750-1800) played on period instruments (A=430Hz).
VENUE AND SCHEDULE
The auditions will be held in Bolzano (Italy) on Sunday 3rd February 2013 from 11am to 5pm.
Detailed information on venue and performance timing will be notified to all participants in due time.
The audition is open to string instruments only:
– baroque violin
– baroque viola
– baroque cello
Auditions for wind and brass instruments will be held in April 2013.
The audition is open to professional musicians (including advanced students) born after 1st January 1982.
In-depth knowledge of performance praxis on authentic instruments is a mandatory requirement.
Participants shall send an email to
– date and place of birth
– physical address
– email address
– phone number
– detailed CV
– scanned copy of passport or identity card.
Applications must be sent to the above email address not later than Thursday 31 January 2013.
Claudio Astronio, permanent musical director of TYBO, will chair the selection committee.
Other members of the selection committee will include
Esther Crazzolara, first violin of TYBO;
Mario Martinoli, founder and artistic director of TYBO.
PROGRAM OF THE AUDITION
1) W.A. Mozart, Symphony n. 41 in C major K 551 “Jupiter” – 4th movement, Molto Allegro
W.A. Mozart, Symphony n. 39 in E-flat major major K 543, 3rd movement, Finale (first part only)
2) Two movements at choice and contrasting in character from F.M. Veracini, Sonate Accademiche and A. Corelli, Sonate a violino e violone op. 5
3) Sight reading.
1) G.P. Telemann, Concert for viol and orchestra in G major, 1st movement
2) J. S. Bach, one movement at choice from the Sonatas and Partitas transcribed for viola.
1) F.J. Haydn, Concert for cello and orchestra in C major, 1st movement.
2) Two movements at choice and contrasting in character from F.S. Geminiani, Sonatas for cello and continuo op. 5.
1) W.A. Mozart, Symphony n. 35 in D major K 535 “Haffner” – 1st movement
2) J.S. Bach, Matthäus Passion, 1st movement, opening choir “Kommt ihr Töchter”.
More information on TYBO and the auditions will be available on the www.theresia-project.eu website and on the TYBO Facebook page.